Delos Insurance is an early-stage InsurTech startup that’s building a home insurance provider for wildfire regions. Delos’ product provides badly needed coverage while simultaneously helping the homeowner build resilience in the face of increasing natural disasters. Delos Insurance uses climate data, satellite imagery, and AI to bring stability and affordability to the disaster-exposed home insurance market. Additionally, we provide risk monitoring and mitigation services to actively protect homeowners most in the path of catastrophic risk.
We have strong defensibility in a recession-proof market, with patent-pending IP. Our team includes world-leading wildfire and climate science professors and deeply experienced insurance product experts.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Product Software to help us develop the core Delos Insurance product and risk mitigation platform. The ideal candidate brings demonstrated experience in software engineering, leadership, maturity and a deep understanding of the software development life cycle. Preferred but not required experience: former work experience in the digital insurance or fintech sectors, as well as startup and product development experience.
- Design, develop and deploy Delos’ core capabilities and platform services
- Lead Delos Insurance product feature design, development, and testing
- Develop and integrate platform modules including actuarial, claims, distribution, risk mitigation service, and other functional areas, as well as align and measure goals set against financial plans
- Lead a team of 3-10 engineers with 2-3 main topics of focus. Drive prioritization of development roadmap and fixes
- Work with, and influence, cross functional stakeholders within Delos Insurance, e.g. Product, Design, Data Science, Finance
- Areas of focus will be around backend services and platform capabilities, including Partner APIs for ecosystem enablement
- 4+ years relevant work experience in software development
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Proven ability to build a team, develop people, and influence cross-functional teams and senior management
- Adaptability to increase the scope of work / switch around to other areas of impact at a fast-moving startup
- High level of proficiency in algorithms, data structures, and systems design
- Experience working with database systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- M.Sc. in Computer Science or similar
- Startup experience
- InsurTech, fintech experience
Compensation & Perks:
- Great equity package, competitive salaries, unlimited PTO policy, very flexible about remote working
- Work with world-leading wildfire and Geospatial research scientists, creating products that have real life impact on people’s safety and climate resilience
We are an equal opportunity employer.